At the moment Therefore team is working on the demo we would like to show you soon. Our design companions, Diego and Rodrigo, are preparing the characters that will appear there, as long as their animations. You can see as an example this festive girl. She is one of the Masters (maybe we should say that she is just a part of them, or… well, better not telling too much).
On this subject, we are also making some concept art of the scenes planned, and designing a few interfaces and cursors. We made some dialogue corrections too (they never end).
On the other hand, our programmer Nicolás is developing three aspects about the internal functioning of the game:
- The Wanderer movement (very important, the Wanderer is the leading role). There was some troubles walking near the edges of the road. Now we use a Unity tool to control it. We apply a “speed vector” that obeys the keys we press.
- How to control the cursor on the screen. What it can do, what it can’t do. We can’t let the Wanderer do whatever he pleases.
- The pathfinding, to control the Wanderer movement with the mouse. That refers to how to move our character from a point to another, just clicking on the place we want him to get. It was a difficult thing to make. The Wanderer has to go just through the indicated way, at the same time that he avoids the objects from the scene. We followed some steps to get it perfectly as we wanted:
- We had to define a group of points from the scene, to get some kind of a grid. The points mark the valid positions of the character. It’s very important to define a maximum distance between them because it helps the search algorithm to calculate the adjacent points and make it works. You can define the grid automatically, but it could carry some problems. If you do it by hand you get very good results on the movement of the character.
- The Pathfinding uses A* algorithm to stablish the way from a point to another passing through the needed points on the grid. This is the most used algorithm for pathfinding on the videogames world. It always gives you the best solution (the shortest way) and it’s very good on efficiency terms.
- We move the character progresively through the way or group of points finded by the algorithm. It is as we would join the dots, as the children, to make the shortest way between two points.
Nothing more today. Soon you’ll have more news about the game.