Working on main menu. The design is retro, simple and minimalist, according to the game’s style itself.
From the distant land where the Wanderer awaits, here it is a new video of his adventures. Where is he? Is it a castle? What he needs that bottle for? What will happen after meditating? The intrigue around Therefore world continues…
Therefore is taking so much time of our lives… And everything is son disturbing and strange. We can show you for the moment those criatures. We could call them the forgotten people. Uhhh. Are you scared? I hope so. You wouldn’t like to find them in a dark spot.
We have also finished other characters, one of them so big that you could think of it as if it were a scene (or at last this is what our designer say). The real scenes are in progress. Hope we could show you something of them the next time we post a post.
Finally we can tell you we have the first group of sounds to enrich the game and also the musical theme for the demo. This is going the right way, we know!
When we don’t work on Therefore, sometimes we do other things. Occasionally, our colleagues Diego and Rodrigo writes and designs these haikus related with Therefore universe (if you follow us on the social media you must see them yet). They are so dark, with so intricate meaning. I know. You must see beyond all the ordinary things and let your imagination flyes. Hope you like them.
At the moment Therefore team is working on the demo we would like to show you soon. Our design companions, Diego and Rodrigo, are preparing the characters that will appear there, as long as their animations. You can see as an example this festive girl. She is one of the Masters (maybe we should say that she is just a part of them, or… well, better not telling too much).
On this subject, we are also making some concept art of the scenes planned, and designing a few interfaces and cursors. We made some dialogue corrections too (they never end).
On the other hand, our programmer Nicolás is developing three aspects about the internal functioning of the game:
- The Wanderer movement (very important, the Wanderer is the leading role). There was some troubles walking near the edges of the road. Now we use a Unity tool to control it. We apply a “speed vector” that obeys the keys we press.
- How to control the cursor on the screen. What it can do, what it can’t do. We can’t let the Wanderer do whatever he pleases 😉
- The pathfinding, to control the Wanderer movement with the mouse. That refers to how to move our character from a point to another, just clicking on the place we want him to get. It was a difficult thing to make. The Wanderer has to go just through the indicated way, at the same time that he avoids the objects from the scene. We followed some steps to get it perfectly as we wanted:
- We had to define a group of points from the scene, to get some kind of a grid. The points mark the valid positions of the character. It’s very important to define a maximum distance between them because it helps the search algorithm to calculate the adjacent points and make it works. You can define the grid automatically, but it could carry some problems. If you do it by hand you get very good results on the movement of the character.
- The Pathfinding uses A* algorithm to stablish the way from a point to another passing through the needed points on the grid. This is the most used algorithm for pathfinding on the videogames world. It always gives you the best solution (the shortest way) and it’s very good on efficiency terms.
- We move the character progresively through the way or group of points finded by the algorithm. It is as we would join the dots, as the children, to make the shortest way between two points.
Nothing more today. Soon you’ll have more news about the game 😉
Here it is a summary of some reviews that gaming media has published about Therefore:
Indie Game Mag
“Weave in a Wasted World”
” At the vanguard of the present modern videogames”
Indie Retro News
“The concept is intriguing, the music and scenery is beautiful, and the graphics are very old-school”
“It is a proposal with philosophical moods and a gorgeous pixelart that reminds us to that beautiful thing called Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery”
“Therefore promises “interactive philosophy”, dreamy pixel art. What’s initially so captivating is how the music and art style blends together”
“Adventure game with a living nature and that is willing to change our vision of this genre of videogames”
“Instrumental music with a great artistic quality”
“A very attractive pixel art and, above all, beautiful soundtrack”
“Therefore reminds Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP”
“Imagine getting beautiful pixel art, a bit of the script of Bastion and the moody ideas behind Fez and melting it together”
“The pixel art is incredibly detailed and presents a lush, otherworldly locale”
The Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign for Therefore has ended. We didn’t achieve the expected funds. However, we are glad to say that we had a great media diffusion and good reviews. In parallelism to the Team Crunch mates, Team Therefore is ready to produce a playable demo, that will be used to enforce future funding options.
We want to thank all the backers that trusted us. It really means a lot to us. Thanks to the media guys too. You have treated us great, specially the spanish press and its everlasting support for autochthonous projects. We will also collaborate with the article about the crowdfunding campaign and we will share our own experience about it, so other designers can take advantage from it.
So as our Wanderer we also know how to use the Memento Mori and reset opportunities. That is just what we are going to do: produce a piece of this world that will allows you to taste the Therefore experience and let us being able to get close to what we want to express through it. So let’s go for it and don´t lose sight of us!
Today is another important day for Trim Tangle: we’ve launched our second crowdfunding campaing in Indiegogo, Therefore campaign. As you must know, Therefore is a pixel art open world adventure, a vivid reign where time flows as well as the weather, with living fauna and flora, a surreal world full of symbolism which resists to die. Due to ambience, simbology and metaphors Therefore will send a message to those ready to hear it. Are you ready to hear it?
We realize that is very complicated to prepare two crowdfunding campaigns at the same time, but we have confidence in our projects. We just need a little contribution between all of you to make our dreams come true. If you want to make the world of Therefore real, be one of our backers.
You can also visit our page of Steam Greenlight of Therefore as a concept to leave a message and tell your oppinion of Therefore. We are hoping new feedback!
After the teasers, Therefore official trailer is here at last. There you can see all the mysterious world, the vivid reign where time flows as well as the weather, with living fauna and flora, a surreal world full of symbolism.
And this is not the only announcement for this week. We are working very hard with Crisis Crunch promotion through the internet and the social media, as well as we are going to start to do now with Therefore. This is the first step to start the crowdfunding campaigns. If everything is right, we will start at Indiegogo with Crisis Crunch this friday and with Therefore this monday. We will tell you more then.
Designing Future is an unique event in Europe, a participating forum where you can expose enterprising projects in the face of a specialized public ready to listen you. The last 28th of November, was held the second edition in Hotel AC, in A Coruña. This time, it was shown more than 60 projects including us. We went to present Trim Tangle and the two videogames in which we are working at the moment: Therefore and Crisis Crunch.
After an interesting day of networking, conferences and roundtables, the DF awards gala started, where we received the Innovation Award, one of the four awards that they granted. We are grateful for this recognition to our work, this pushes us to continue stronger.